Monday, December 28, 2009

Start of Week Four "Mind Power Smoothie"


They say the first thing to go is the memory. And the second thing to go? Well, I forgot what that was!

Welcome to week four of our high phytochemical, high energy, holiday out of control eating counteracting, smoothie diet.

This morning I made the "Mind Power Smoothie" for brain function featured on page seven of Jeff Primack's book Smoothie Formulas.

This drink is made using corn, raw pumpkin seeds, goji berries, lemon, ginger and cilantro. I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical of this drink because I am not a huge fan of cilantro. But not to worry. This was one of the best tasting smoothies so far! Perhaps I put too many goji berries in. Whatever the case, the cilantro was barely noticeable and the drink has a wonderful creaminess to it, due to the pumpkin seeds.

Cilantro. Personally, I don't really like it, but we just have to have it. Why? Because we live in a world filled with toxic chemicals and poisons. Cilantro has been used to successfully remove mercury and lead from people suffering from heavy metal poisoning. Perhaps even more amazing is the fact that cilantro has been successful in helping people with Alzheimer's and Autism actually reverse it.

So, raise your glass with me in a toast. Who knows, maybe this drink will finally help me remember just where I left my black coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment