Sunday, December 27, 2009

Chris's First Day Surfing














Let me just say that my BFF Chris is a stud!

Today was his first day ever surfing. He expressed an interest to me in learning to surf and asked me, "should I wait until summer"? My prompt reply was nothing less than to shame him mercifully because I started surfing four years ago in the winter!

When my surfer boy husband, Kerry, and I left the house this morning to meet Chris, it was a balmy 49 degrees. I know everything is relative folks, but gimmee a break, I grew up in Miami! The water temperature was about 57 degrees, thus proving the refrain that I hear over and over here in California in the winter: "It's warmer in the water than out of the water" Yeah, well tell that to me today, when I forgot my wetsuit at home and had to wear my husband's baggy, spring wetsuit! Let's just say that by the time we got out of the water, I was more than ready to drive to Angela's apartment complex which features a nice warm jacuzzi. We probably spent 45 minutes surfing and an hour in the jacuzzi to get our (my) body temperatures back to normal.

All in all, a good time was had by all. Especially at Carlos's Mexican restaurant where we enjoyed a wonderful breakfast of huevos rancheros. I know, it's not on the diet, but heck, it's not quite time for New Year's resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment