Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Here Kitty Kitty......


I woke up feeling pretty sorry for myself this morning. Yesterday I went to the podiatrist after much consideration and allowed myself to go under the needle for not one foot, but both feet plagued by neuromas. Denial can be a wonderful thing. I've been feeling this for the past couple of months and just kept hoping it would go away. First the knee surgery, now this. Someone is trying to slow me down!

There was nothing I would rather have done other than put my feet up and read a good book. But it was not to be. I had a lot of running around to do, appointments, etc.

But then I came home and who was here to visit me but Tommy! Tommy is our local stray cat who has survived on the one square block we live on for the past 15 years. Rumor has it that the house on the corner owned him as a kitten and when they moved, left him behind. Did that get him down? Not Tommy. He also got hit by a car one day and was taken to the vet by a neighbor, only to chew off the cast that was put on his leg. Tommy fell through the screen in our kitchen skylight one morning while taking a nap and the screen tore. Did that get him down? No! It was an adventure. He takes on the neighborhood dogs and cats but loves the people because we all feed him. Tommy likes to talk to you. You can ask him a question such as "Tommy, did you have a good day"? and he will politely wait for the end of your question and then answer "Mrow"

He is loved, cared for, always fed. And the best part of the story? Our neighbor who just lost her cat of 21 years has now taken Tommy in, giving him a warm bed. He still comes by to visit, always a lovely treat!

And as you can see, my feet may be bruised and beaten up, but I have a nice pedicure, there's a Christmas tree in the background, a warm fireplace, dinner in the oven, and the Lakers are winning! Life is pretty darn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment