Friday, December 11, 2009

Spinnin' out of Control!




Since I have not been able to run much due to recovering from knee surgery, I have found a wonderful alternative. Spinning!

I've been able to do yoga, surfing and some hiking with a little bit of uphill running thrown in, but what has been missing from my workouts is that endorphin high afforded by getting my heart rate up there.

Well I found it at the Laguna Spin Studio. It's a wonderful local studio that I can walk to from my home which is run by a really cool lady named Shelley. Her energy is great and she plays fun music like Disco Inferno and Good Lovin' by the Young Rascals. Yes, I am dating myself by my choice of music.

One of the great things about spinning as a recovery to knee surgery is that I can unhook one foot from the pedals and perform the "runs" with my weak leg, thus building it up. Over these past few months, my right leg has taken on the load, becoming the dominant leg and the left leg has gotten left behind. Physical therapy didn't quite cut it for me because it is BORING.

But spinning is a blast!

As the Young Rascals say in Good Lovin' :

I was feelin' . . . so bad,
I asked my family doctor just what I had,
I said, "Doctor, . . .
(Doctor . . .)
Mr. M.D., . . .
(Doctor . . .)
Now can you tell me, tell me, tell me,
What's
ailin' me?"
(Doctor . . .)

He said, "Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah,
(Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
Yes, indeed, all you really need . . .
(Is good
lovin')
Gimme that good, good
lovin . . .
(Good
lovin')
All I need is
lovin' . . .
(Good
lovin')
Good
lovin', baby.

And to quote Jen: All I need is a little good spinnin!

No comments:

Post a Comment